Difficulty in urinating occurs mostly in males. especialiy bullocks and rams. Bullocks of prime plowing age of 5 -7 years are most affected. After 4-5 days, the bladder may rupture.
Difficulty in urinating
· The animal strains and
· The coat is rough.
· The animal stops chewing cud.
· It is restless.
· It gets up and sits down frequently.
· No or only a few drops of urine may be seen on the bare soil where the animal has been tied up.
· A peculiar smell comes from the mouth after 34 days.
· The body temperature may rise after 4-5 days.
· Blockage of the urinary tube
by stones that form in the bladder and urinary canal.
· Swelling of the urinary bladder.
· Kidney disease.
· Swelling due to castration.
· Give plenty of drinking water, especially during the dry season.
Use one of the treatments below. The dosages given are for adult cattle and buffaloes. Use half of these amounts for calves, sheep and goats.
· Prepare a decoction of the whole plant of any or all of the following: 2 g of Tribulus terrestis, 3 g of Boerhaavia diffusa, 3 g of Cratueva nuravala, 2 g of Hyoscyamus niger, 3 g of Pavetta indica, 4 g of potassium nitrate, 4 g of sodium bicarbonate. Give cattle and buffaloes 200 ml of the decoction as a drench 2-3 times a day for 5-6 days as long as the problem lasts. For goats, sheep and calves, give 100 ml for every drenching. (India. 1, 3, 4, 5)
· Mix equal proportions of water and milk with a pinch of baking powder. Drench with 2 liters of this mixture or provide it as drinking water 2-3 times a day until recovery. (India. 1, 3, 4, 5)
· Drench with 1 liter of sugarcane juice 2-3 times a day until recovery. (Cambodia. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
· Boil 100 g of Orthosiphon spicata leaves in 1 liter of water. Cool, then drench. Repeat this treatment 2-3 times a day until recovery. (Indonesia. 1, 2, 3, 5)
· In case of complete or partial
blockage of the urinary tube, surgery is needed.
· Do not give the medicinal herbs mentioned above if there is a complete blockage