· Watery discharge from the
· Partly or totally closed eye.
· Swollen eye.
· Eye is reddish.
· Yellowish discharge from the
· The eye is covered with a thick, whitish film.
· Attack in eye by
· Injuries to the eye.
· Infectious diseases such as pink eye.
· Vitamin A deficiency.
· Allergic reactions.
· Foreign bodies in the eye.
· Snake poison.
· Feed green fodder to prevent
Vitamin A deficiency.
· Separate animal with infectious eye diseases from the rest of the herd.
Continue using any of these suggested remedies for 5 days unless the duration of treatment is stated. If symptoms persist after treatment, contact a professional (local expert, respected healer or veterinarian).
· Boil 2-3 handfuls of fresh Punica granatum leaves in 56 cups of water for 10 minutes. Wash the eye with the liquid twice a day for 3-4 days. (Sri Lanka. 1, 2, 3, 4)
· Squeeze a fresh stem of Euphorbia hirta Put 5-10 drops into the infected eye once a day. (Indonesia. 1, 2, 5)
· Wash the eye with Cocos nucifera (young coconut) water 2-3 times a day for 3-5 days. (lndonesia. 1, 2, 3)
· Boil 5 leaves of Piper betle (betel pepper) in 500 ml of water and cool. Use as an eye-wash twice a day for 35 days. (Indonesia. 1, 2, 3)
· Peel a mature Aloe vera leaf and extract the pulp. Apply the extract as an eye ointment 3 times a day for 3-5 days. (Philippines. 1, 2, 4)
· Boil a handful of Jasminum sambac flowers in a glass of water. Put 3-5 drops of the liquid in the affected eye 3 times a day for 3 days. (Philippines. 1, 2, 4)
· Pound a handful of Ocimum sanctum leaves. Squeeze the extract and apply 3-4 drops in the eye twice a day. (India. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
· Squeeze the juice of 10 fresh Coccinia grandis leaves. Apply 3-5 drops into the eye twice a day. (Thailand. 1, 2, 3, 4)
· Crush 1 medium-sized, dried Sapindus rarak fruit Put the powder in a small whisky or Coca-Cola bottle (200 ml) and fill ¾ of the bottle with rain water. Shake well and take the foam out. Blow the foam from your palm into the animal's eye twice a day for 4-5 days. (Thailand. 1, 2, 3, 5)
Treatment with Sapindus rarak
Treatment for keratitis or opacity of the eye
· Desmodium triflorum (fresh leaves). Acorus calamus (dried root). Curcuma domestica (fine powder of dried rhizome). Egg shell (very fine powder).
Grind the ingredients separately to very fine powder. Mix i/. teaspoonful of each of the ingredients and apply inside the upper eyelid once a day. (Sri Lanka. 1, 2)